Mental illness – Symptoms, Causes, Treatments – Nowadays mental illness starts due to stress, poor routine and work pressure. Due to this, many people start facing problems like depression and mental stress. People suffering from such problem seek the advice of a psychiatrist. There can be many reasons for mental illness.
If you are also suffering from mental illness then you can find out by looking at some symptoms. In this article, we are going to give you information about the causes, symptoms, types and treatment of mental illness.
Due to mental illness
Mental illness can occur in people of any stage. However, this disease is seen more in people suffering from mental illness since childhood, which goes on increasing as they grow up. There can be many reasons for mental illness, which we are going to tell you below.
1. Mental illness can also be genetic. If any person in your family has already suffered from a mental illness, then you too may have this disease. Due to this, mental development can be reduced from childhood itself.
2. If the mother is exposed to arousal state, toxic substances, alcohol or drugs during pregnancy, the child born may also be mentally ill.
3. Neurotransmitters work by carrying your brain chemicals to the brain and other parts of the body. When the nervous system related to these chemicals is not functioning well, changes start in the nerve receptors and the nervous system, due to which the problem of depression arises.
4. Apart from this, people suffering from sugar disease may also have to suffer from mental illness.
5. Mental illness can also occur due to injury to the brain.
6. If you have seen any traumatic event in your life like a war attack and a painful death of someone, then you may still be suffering from mental illness.
7. Mental illness can also start due to drinking too much alcohol or taking drugs.
8. If you have been abused in childhood and this abuse has had a profound effect on your mind, it can also cause mental illness over time and can cause you problems for a long time.
Symptoms of mental illness
Read More – Symptoms of Vitamin B12 deficiency
There are many types of mental illness, so its symptoms can also be different. Here we are going to give you information about the symptoms of different mental illness.
1. Feeling depressed can be a symptom of mental illness.
2. If your mind becomes more distraught and problems in concentrating at any place then it can be a symptom of mental illness.
3. It is a sign of mental illness even if you are feeling more tired and feeling less energy in the body or having problems sleeping.
4. Symptoms like mental confusion or insanity are a sign of mental illness.
5. Taking more stress in life or in daily routine can also cause mental illness.
6. The problem of understanding about people is also a symptom of mental illness.
7. Excessive consumption of alcohol or drugs affects the brain and can become a symptom of mental illness.
8. Excessive anger and violent behavior is also a symptom of mental illness.
9. Many people try to harm themselves, this is also a symptom of mental illness because their mind is not able to understand that the work they are doing with themselves can put them in great danger.
10. Problems like stomach pain, back pain, headache can also cause mental illness.
Types of mental illness
There are many types of mental illness, about which we are going to tell you below.
• Alzheimer’s disease
• Bipolar disorder
• Parkinson’s disease
• mental stress
• obsessive compulsion
• Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
• lose memory
• memory loss
• fear of something
• Hallucination etc.
How to prevent mental illness?
Although there is no way to prevent mental illness, but by making some changes in your symptoms, you can prevent this disease. Mental illness is more common in individuals who take mental stress. To prevent mental illness, you must pay attention to the points mentioned below.
1. If you are having any mental problem, seek the advice of a psychiatrist immediately. Apart from this, you must also get information about the symptoms and conditions of mental illness. If you take the advice of a doctor at the right time, then you can avoid the progression of mental illness.
2. During the treatment of mental illness, keep taking the advice of a psychiatrist from time to time and do not leave the advice and medicines given by him at all. Because sometimes the medicines given by them can have a bad effect, that is why it is important to tell the psychiatrist about your condition from time to time.
3. Go to the doctor immediately after showing the symptoms of mental illness and talk to him openly. If you delay in seeking the advice of a doctor out of hesitation, then a big problem can arise.
4. It is very important to get enough sleep to avoid mental illness. You can get 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night.
5. To avoid mental illness, it is very important to exercise regularly. If you have high mental stress, then you can resort to meditation and some important yogas. For this, you can get complete information about the Yogasanas required on the Internet.
6. To avoid mental illness, it is very important for you to take vitamins, minerals and iron. To gain mental strength, it is very important to consume green vegetables. Mental illness can be avoided by frequent consumption of these things.
7. After suffering from mental illness, you can take the help of medicines and therapy. There are many different types of therapy for people suffering from mental illness, including group therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical virtual therapy, etc.