Are you regularly suffer from sinus pressure in the head then you might know sinuses is a condition in that the cavities around the nasal passages become inflamed and causes the pain in the head, ear, and nose.
To how to treat it is the critical question. In this article, we will discuss how to relieve sinus pressure in the head. So be ready to find your best home remedy.
- 1 How to Relieve Sinus Pressure in Head:
- 1.1 1. Steam Inhalation:
- 1.2 2. Eucalyptus Oil :
- 1.3 3. Tea Tree Oil and Peppermint Oil:
- 1.4 4. Basil and Tulsi:
- 1.5 5. Ginger Tea:
- 1.6 6. Hot and Cold Compress:
- 1.7 7. Peppers:
- 1.8 8. Use of Saline Solution:
- 1.9 9. Cinnamon:
- 1.10 10. Natural Decongestant:
- 1.11 11. Fluids and Humidifier:
- 1.12 12. Vitamin C:
- 1.13 13. Apple Cider Vinegar:
- 1.14 14. Tomato Tea:
- 2 Final Words
How to Relieve Sinus Pressure in Head:
With the methods mentioned below, you can get relief in your sinus pressure.
1. Steam Inhalation:
Steam inhalation is very helpful to relieve sinus pressure in the head as it is cleared off your blocked nose and opens up your congested sinuses and decrease the head pain. Take water in one big bowl and keep on the flame until it boils. Once it boils, switch off the conduction and take it from the stove. Now take a big piece of cloth and cover your face and bowl and inhale steam with water. You can use any anti-inflammation essential oil if you like to add. Do this for 1-2 minutes or until you can tolerate. Repeat this procedure once or twice at the same time.
2. Eucalyptus Oil :
Eucalyptus oil has anti-inflammatory and decongestant properties that may help to relieve sinus pressure in the head. You can use eucalyptus oil in three ways. You may add few drops of it in hot water and inhale steam, or you can take few drops of oil on a clean piece of cloth or cotton bud and smell it or dilute this oil in 1:1 proportion with any carrier oil and apply gently on the portion of the forehead.
3. Tea Tree Oil and Peppermint Oil:
Tea tree oil has antimicrobial, antiviral, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that are helpful to fight with sinuses. As usual, you can use it with steam inhalation. If you are used to the strong fragrance of tree tea oil, then you can directly apply it in the nose. For this, add a drop of this oil to a Q-tip and swab out the inside of your nasal cavity. Even you can take a few drops of this oil in a handkerchief and smell it.
The peppermint oil contains menthol that has excellent anaesthetic, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, insecticidal, antispasmodic and carminative properties. It can efficiently help to relieve pressure in the head. You can either add it in hot water and inhale the steam or dilute it with a carrier oil like jojoba oil and rub gently on affected areas.
4. Basil and Tulsi:
- Holy Basil or the Tulsi leaves contain camphene, eugenol, and cineole which have anti-inflammation, antitussive and anti-viral properties that relieve sinus pressure in the head. You can make herbal basil tea for reliving. To make it take 10 Basil tulsi leaves, 10 Black peppercorns, one piece of fresh ginger and Sugar candy with water.
- Take 1 cup of water and boil it. Make a paste of basil leaves, peppercorns, and ginger and simmer it until volume reduces to half and drink it. You can take this tea after two hours of a meal.
5. Ginger Tea:
Ginger is herb which finds in your kitchen. It has anti-inflammatory properties which play a vital role to relieve sinus pressure in the head. What you have to do is make slices of 1 inch of ginger root and pour a cup of hot water over it. Let keep it for 10 minutes and drink. While drinking the tea, breathe deeply and inhale the steam coming out of your cup and chew the ginger slices. You can drink this tea for three to four times a day.
6. Hot and Cold Compress:
Hot and cold compress is one of the best remedies to relieve sinus pressure in the head.
- Take warm water that not burns or discomfort your skin.
- Now soak the cotton towel in this water, drain excess water and place it on your face covering the affected area for about three minutes.
- Now soak this cloth in cold water and follow the same procedure described above for 30 seconds.
- Repeat this process two to four times a day.
It is the oldest home remedy to relieve sinus pressure in the head. You can add one teaspoon of chilli peppers or black peppers in your daily food like soups or gravies or make herbal tea with cayenne pepper or black pepper. Even you can handle so many hot flavours then chew a piece of jalapeno pepper.
8. Use of Saline Solution:
Irrigate your nasal passages with a saline solution so that it clear your nose and sinuses. Once the secretion drains out, you will get relieve sinus pressure in the head. Even you can make it at home. Take a cup of warm water and add ¼ tsp of Salt and ¼ tsp baking soda in it. Fill it in Neti- pot and introduce this saline water in your nostrils and drain it out. We recommend use always a fresh saline solution.
Cinnamon is the aromatic spice herb having strong antibacterial, antiseptic and antiviral properties and has been one of the popular home remedies to relieve sinus pressure in the head.
- You can use it in three to four ways.
- You can prepare cinnamon tea by putting a stick of cinnamon in hot water for about 10-15 minutes and drink it.
- You can add a pinch of cinnamon powder to your teas, milk, coffee or other drinks.
- Even you can take ¼ tsp of cinnamon powder with 1 tbsp Of honey. Take this twice a day for four days.
- The last method is added 3-5 drops of cinnamon oil into the hot water and inhales the steam.
10. Natural Decongestant:
A natural decongestant is a very precious gift to us. You can make natural decongestant at home with common ingredients. This decongestant will thin out the mucus and make it easy to drain it out of nasal passages. Once your sinuses get cleared, you will relieve sinus pressure in the head.
- Take 1/4th cup of apple cider vinegar and 1/4th cup of apple juice and mix it well.
- Bring it to a gentle simmer.
- Now add 3 tbsp. Of honey, ½ tsp of Cayenne pepper, ½ tsp of Ginger powder and ½ the tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Now store it in a jar or bottle.
- Take 1-2 spoon daily.
- You can warm it before you drink for more effectiveness.
11. Fluids and Humidifier:
It is an easy way to relieve sinus pressure in the head. If you drink fluids, then it keeps your body hydrated. You can drink water, warm water, vegetable soups, herbal tea, fruit juice, etc. do not take alcohol and caffeine as they dehydrate your body.
You can use a humidifier, especially at night. When you feel pain due to sinuses, start to use it. It will relieve sinus pressure in the head because when you use a humidifier, you surround with water vapours. It helps prevent sinus infections but only in the case if you clean it regularly.
12. Vitamin C:
Vitamin C has a potent nutrient for treating sinus headache and relieve sinus pressure in the head. It is a natural antihistamine and hence reduces nasal congestion. Therefore, eat the food which contains vitamin C like oranges, lemons, pineapples, blueberries, strawberries, broccoli, tomatoes, etc.
13. Apple Cider Vinegar:
It contains antibacterial and antifungal, anti-inflammatory properties that help in relieve sinus pain in the head.
- Mix ½ cup apple cider vinegar and ½ cup water and boil it.
- Cool it for a minute and inhale the steam of it.
- Use a cloth to cover your head so that steam cannot evaporate.
- Repeat this process whenever required.
- Even you can add peppermint oil to it.
14. Tomato Tea:
- Mix two cup of tomato puree with 2-3 garlic cloves, hot sauce (as according to limit to handle spice) and 2 tbsp. of lemon juice.
- Heat the mixture and sip the warm mixture slowly.
- Drink it twice or thrice in a day.
It’s all about how to relieve sinus pressure in the head. We hope you find it practical. If you also have any other remedies then share it with us so that we can share it with needy persons. If you find any doubt in any of treatment you can ask us; our experts will guide you properly. Thank you for reading!!